The two most common obstacles for switching to a ketogenic diet? Giving up bread and pizza. Happily, I have a solution to this problem: a keto-friendly thin crust pizza dough. (Don’t worry, the keto bread recipes are coming soon.)
I frequently tell people that true health is supposed to be fun, simple, and completely delicious. Pizza, quite definitively, is all three of those things. If you’re miserable from all the typical restrictions that accompany dieting, you may want to consider going keto.
This clever pizza crust is loaded with high quality fats and is free of grains. While you enjoy this crispy crust, your body with enjoy a break from the inflammation, lectins, and energy required to process lousy food.
Clearly this original CovertBody.com recipe is a big win.
Thin Crust Pizza Dough (Grain-free!)
4 Servings / Prep Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: 13 minutes (Makes a medium-sized pizza crust.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Excluding Toppings):
Calories: 237 / Fat: 19 grams / Protein: 9.5 gram / Net Carbs: 2.3 grams / Fiber: 5 grams
1 cup almond flour
1 T chia seeds
1 T ground flax
1 T hemp hearts
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place almond flour, chia seeds, flax, hemp hearts, garlic powder, and pink Himalayan salt in a
medium-sized bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add egg and stir to combine.
- Place dough between two sheets of parchment paper. Using rolling pin, roll the dough into a thin rectangular shape, approximately 1/8 inch thickness.
- Remove top parchment paper. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 13 minutes. The edges and top will just be starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and add pizza sauce, cheese, desired toppings.
- Bake at 350 until cheese melted. Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly and then cut into approximately sixteen 2.5 inch squares (4 squares per
Become A Recipe Subscriber
Be the first to hear about simple, exciting recipes for sustained health.
- Have each new recipe sent directly to your email inbox.
- Improve the quality of your life by enjoying easy, delicious meals for long-term vitality and health.
- Boost your energy levels with polyphenols – the batteries that run your body on a cellular level.
- Lose fat and with tasty, satiating meals – no more restriction, hunger, or “dieting.”
- Proper foods for maximum muscle size and increased strength.
- Eat into the physique you always wanted.