A healthy, ketogenic chocolate bar? YES PLEASE.
These delectable dark chocolate treats are not only delicious, but fall perfectly in line with a ketogenic diet – or any kind of low carb diet.
It’s tough to rely on willpower alone. But with these unique chocolate-laden bars, you can happily indulge yourself while maintaining your ultimate, long term goals. After all, if it’s not enjoyable, it’s not sustainable.
These low carbohydrate, high fat treats are perfect for one of those nights where cravings are persistent. But there isn’t anything in these bars that needs to be resisted. They’re loaded with high quality fats and polyphenols.
So feel free to give in and savor this lovely dessert – an original recipe by Kathryn from CovertBody.com.
Dark Chocolate Cocomond Bars
9 Servings / Prep Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time: 1 hour in freezer
1 cup almond slivers
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (finely shredded if possible)
6 T coconut oil
¾ cup macadamia nuts
2 teaspoons avocado oil
1 oz unsweetened chocolate
0.5 oz cacao butter
2 T cocoa powder
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 T and 2 teaspoons honey
1/8 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
Salt, for garnish
- Place parchment paper in square 8 x 8 pan. Pour almond slivers into pan and set aside.
- Put shredded coconut into food processor and process until super fine, may require up to 5 minutes of processing if starting with coarse flakes. Add in 6 T coconut oil and process until smooth. Pour into pan and mix with almond slivers. Spread evenly. Place in freezer.
- Put macadamia nuts in food processor. Process until fine crumbs. Add avocado oil and process until smooth. Set macadamia nut butter aside.
- Put unsweetened chocolate and cacao butter in double boiler on low heat (or heat-proof bowl set over pan of barely simmering water). Heat until melted. Remove from heat.
- Add macadamia nut butter, cocoa powder, vanilla, honey and salt. Whisk until blended.
- Pour over the coconut and almond layer. Spread evenly.
- Sprinkle salt evenly over top. Return to freezer for 1 hour to set.
- Cut into 9 even squares. Store in freezer. Best served directly from freezer as chocolate will soften as it warms to room temperature.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 358 / Fat: 34 grams / Protein: 5.3 gram / Net Carbs: 9 grams / Fiber: 5 grams
Become A Recipe Subscriber
Be the first to hear about simple, exciting recipes for sustained health.
- Have each new recipe sent directly to your email inbox.
- Improve the quality of your life by enjoying easy, delicious meals for long-term vitality and health.
- Boost your energy levels with polyphenols – the batteries that run your body on a cellular level.
- Lose fat and with tasty, satiating meals – no more restriction, hunger, or “dieting.”
- Proper foods for maximum muscle size and increased strength.
- Eat into the physique you always wanted.